Saturday, July 09, 2016

3 July 2015: Absolute Bagels and Lox




Life offers pleasant surprises when we take the step out to explore what it has to offer. I was on my way to visit the Cathedral of St John The Divine that was about ten blocks away from the hostel that I was staying in. On the way there, I noticed a queue waiting to buy bagels.



I took a moment to figure out what had drawn people to queue for bagels outside the shop named Absolute Review. There were reviews that Absolute Bagels has the best bagels in Manhattan. I suppose the beeline was the testament.

I ordered a bagel with Lox Spread for USD$3.95. I learnt that Lox Spread is essentially cream cheese and lox (salmon cured in brine). The bagel has a chewy and satisfying texture and the Lox Spread tasted fresh and flavoursome. There was a generous spread of Lox Spread on the bagel. The bagel with Lox Spread was worth the queue. The best bagel that I ever had yet.



Learning point: Life offers pleasant surprises. It helps to keep ourselves opened to what are around us. We may find something that we will like!

***
Absolute Bagels
2788 Broadway, between 107th and 108th Streets
Subway: #1 to 110th St - Cathedral Parkway
Tel: (212) 932-2052

Operating hours: Daily, 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.

No comments: