Sunday, September 16, 2012

Eighth anniversary of this blog

I did not realize this until a few seconds ago. Today marks the eighth anniversary of this blog.

Eight years ago, I started experimenting with blogging. It was merely out of curiosity and in the hope to pass time. I did not quite have a plan. Then again, perhaps there was a plan up there to help me to find joy in the world of writing.

Subsequently, when I was about to find updating the blog boring, I met bloggers like mistipurple, Simple American and so forth who have made the world of blogging a friendly community to share thoughts and ideas. Writing has been therapeutic. Perhaps it is because I am more at ease with communicating my thoughts through writing.

Over the years, there have been some evolution in the topics that I write about and my writing styles. Quite some time ago, I have been writing several posts in a private blog and others in a diary. It was a decision to focus on broadcasting on this blog posts that would be more positive. My journey with its challenges and triumphs shall then be known to the meaningful few people who would make time to converse with me personally.

In the meantime, I am still exploring what would be topics that I care enough to write about. There were times when I had a feeling that I was writing for an audience who would never get to see me in person, yet will know me through my writing at least than three generations from now.

Thank you for your readership, support and encouragement. While I would have like to see more interactions and exchange of ideas on this blog, I would also like to imagine that perhaps my dear supporters of this blog are interacting with me in a non-physical space that is in tune with the frequencies of our hearts and mind.

So I am pleased to conclude this post by sharing with you that the most popular posts on this blog bears one of my favourite quotations from The Little Prince, i.e. What is essential is invisible to the eye. This seems the most beautiful way to end this post even though I have no clue yet what makes this post so popular.

3 comments:

S.H. Chan said...

Congratulations on keeping this up for 8 years! You inspire me and I hope I will be able to do the same with my blog!

eastcoastlife said...

Congrats on your blog's 8th anniversary! Best wishes for more posts and sharing in the near future....

oceanskies79 said...

Morning Sun: Thanks a lot for your kind words and wishes. Happy writing at your interesting blog. :)

Eastcoastlife: Thanks a lot for your constant support and encouragements.