Tuesday, July 10, 2012

23 May 2012: Refreshing moments at North Head and other parts of Manly

Manly Wharf

My warmest thanks to one of my good friends, RL, for her thoughtfulness and generosity in making time to drive me to Manly and to North Head, located in the suburb of Manly. The visit to Manly offered tranquil and refreshing moments that I deeply appreciate.

Before lunch, I treated myself to a cup of acai (pronounced "ah-sai-ee") drink with blue berry. It was yummy. Shortly later, my friend and I had lunch at Chat Thai located within the premises of the Manly Wharf. I appreciated my friend's company over lunch way more than the lunch. 

After lunch, my friend, RL, took me on a ride heading to Manly's North Head. I heard from my friend that driving is one of the easiest way to get to North Head. I do not have a driving licence, and I felt deeply grateful for the kindness and generosity of my friend to accompany me to North Head. My friend found a parking lot at possibly one of the lookouts at North Head, and we spent quite some time there.


The view from North Head was marvellous and refreshing. It is a peaceful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. As I looked out from North Head, I saw South Head which I had visited the day before! Somehow I felt a sense of revelation that everything is so interconnected!

North Head, Manly, Sydney. Special effect photo with vivid colours settings.

A sketch from North Head.

The tranquility of the spaces moved and inspired me to do a sketch from North Head. I have to thank my dear friend for being so patient with me while I was sketching. Thanks pal!

The awesome view from North Head.

At North Head, we met a young couple who had cycled all the way to North Head. We also met a group of school-going teenage girls who were probably there for some kind of celebration. One of them kindly helped to take photographs of me and my friend. I felt thankful that we have met kind people during our day out at Manly.

My friend and I unwind over tea. I could experience the precious blessing it was to make time catching up with a dear friend. Perhaps that was why Antoine de Saint-Exupéry wrote in The Little Prince that "what is essential is invisible to the eye". Special thanks to my friend for her generous treat to the afternoon tea.


Manly Beach.


Manly beach.

After our afternoon tea, we took some time to enjoy the cooling breeze at the Manly beach. Making time to spend at the beach somehow had a calming effect on me. I hope my friend felt similarly too. 


Before we left Manly, we spent some moments strolling about Manly. The sights of the seagulls somehow amused me. As I strolled along the streets of Manly, I fondly recalled equally lovely moments of a time when I had previously visited Manly with my friend, RL. I counted my blessings that life has been kind to me to lead me to visit Manly once again with the very same friend who was the first to have introduced me to Manly.





***
East Esplanade, Manly, NSW 2095, Australia.

North Head
Related links:

No comments: