Monday, June 25, 2012

25 May 2012: Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House from a ferry.


Sydney Opera House is the place to visit in Sydney even though I have visited it many times. There is a quality about it that inspires me whenever I visit it. The sails of the Sydney Opera House look beautiful against the background of the harbour. Every time when I walk up the platform stairs of the Sydney Opera House, I will be reminded of the Mayan culture and its ceremonial platforms that somehow liberate one from the mundane world to the spiritual world.




I have written about my visits to the Sydney Opera House in my previous posts, so in this post, I shall focus on sharing glimpses of some of the new developments at the Sydney Opera House as well as on sharing some snapshots of this beautiful piece of architecture.


It was here that I had collected my ticket to Vivid LIVE Stage Door Tour.

Will it be a realistic dream if I were to desire to perform in the Sydney Opera House's Concert Hall?

Whatever it is, I am grateful that I was blessed with the opportunity to visit the Sydney Opera House once again. I first visited it in the year 1992 and I realized from an old photograph that was taken that year that the landscape has changed greatly since 1992. It has been an amazing twenty years since my very first visit to the Sydney Opera House!

***
Sydney Opera House
2 Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com

Nearest train station: Circular Quay.

***
Please also read:
25 May 2012: The first Vivid LIVE Stage Door Tour
9 May 2011: My third Sydney Opera House Essential Tour
Utzon Opera House
20 Nov 2010: Utzon, Sydney Architecture Walks
19 Nov 2010: The Sydney Opera House Essential Tour once more
15 Sep 2008: The Sydney Opera House Essential Tour

Also visit: Sydney, May 2012: A time to heal and to be inspired

No comments: