Thursday, June 21, 2012

25 May 2012: Picnic at the Royal Botanic Gardens


It can be a blessing to be able to slow down and learn to appreciate the simple things in life.



One fine afternoon on 25 May 2012 while I was in Sydney, I followed the urges of my heart and decided to enjoy a simple picnic at the Royal Botanic Garden. Occasionally, I laid down on the lush green ground and enjoyed the beautiful views of the beautiful clouds against the blue skies. For a long moment, I felt that I am blessed with everything that I would need in the world. Perhaps peace and the space to enjoy the beauty of life were what I would ever need?


When I looked out to the distance, I saw the castle-like Sydney Conservatorium of Music. What a pleasure it was, to be able to have the luxury of time to enjoy the beauty of every moment that Nature and the man-made features could offer us at any point in time. I felt thankful for a peaceful afternoon get-away. The weather had been very kind on me that day.


***
Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
http://www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au
Mrs Macquaries Road, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel: 61-2-9231-8111

Nearest train station: Circular Quay.
***
Also visit: Sydney, May 2012: A time to heal and to be inspired

No comments: