Thursday, June 30, 2011

10 May 2011: Korean lunch

After the visit to the Justice and Police Museum, my mother and I went to have lunch at a nearby food court. I learnt from a resident of Sydney that in general, the perceptions among people in Sydney is that the food served at food court (in Sydney) are merely good enough but not excellent. I do not know how true this perception was because my sample size was very small.

There was quite a crowd at the food court that we had went to. Perhaps the crowd meant that food court still have a functional role to play. We had a fairly affordable and enjoyable lunch at a total of AUS$18. I was grateful to have an adequate lunch in a clean environment. Since it was a lunch to fill the stomach than to entice the taste buds, I was very happy with the food that we have had.

What did we have for our lunch?


We had the teriyaki chicken bibimbap and the chilli chicken bibimbap from Koba Korean BBQ. I was contented with my lunch.


Somehow the bibimbap from Sydney's food court reminded me of the bibimbap in Singapore's food court. I am very thankful that the bibimbap in Singapore are cheaper, have more tasty appetizers to go along with the main course, and have more vegetables!

I was also fondly reminded of a wonderful Korean dinner with one of my friends, RL, in a Korean restaurant in Sydney a few years ago. Indeed, restaurant food in Sydney are better than the food court, based on my limited experiences. Please correct me if you have differing experiences.


Koba Korean BBQ
AMP Retail Plaza
Food Court
50 Bridge Street,
Sydney



All the photos on this post were taken using a Canon Digital IXUS 1000HS camera.

No comments: