Saturday, May 28, 2011

7 May 2011: Delicious wanton noodles at Supermeal Chinese Restaurant


7 May 2011 (Sat):

It was autumn and the skies turned pretty dark even before it was 6 p.m. After a memorable day out at Hunter Valley, the best way to conclude the evening was a treat to sumptuous food. My mother and I decided on Chinese food for dinner. I brought my mother to Supermeal Chinese Restaurant in Chinatown area. This place is known to serve delicious wanton noodles.

In this post, I shall attempt to bring you to a mini visual treat to wanton noodles and more food. Using various functions of the Canon Digital IXUS 1000HS camera, I attempted to add a poetic touch to the photographs of our delicious dinner.

Our orders were:
- One bowl of mixed combination wanton noodles
- One plate of pan-fried dumplings

This photo was taken using the "Miniature" function.


The interesting mixed combination wanton noodles at AUS$13.50 each.

This photo was taken using the normal mode.

I have high expectations of pan-fried dumplings and found the pan-friend dumplings pretty average. My mother gave very positive feedback of the wanton noodles. The prawns were succulent and the wantons were delicious. The servings were generous. My mother and I could happily share a bowl of wanton noodles. I love the vegetables and you have probably realised that I have a love for fresh leafy vegetables by now. Our dinner was pretty affordable and only cost a total of AUS$19.

I will visit Supermeal Chinese Restaurant if I would like wanton noodles. I will give the pan-fried dumplings a miss in the future. Interestingly, my mother visited Supermeal Chinese Restaurant for lunch on the following day and she raved about the curry beef with vegetables. The serving was very generous and the curry was great tasting, she said.


Supermeal Chinese Restaurant
39 Goulburn Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
Tel: (+61) 2 92111568


Here are some reviews on this restaurant:



Please also see: My visit to Sydney, May 2011
All the photos on this post were taken using a Canon Digital IXUS 1000HS camera.

4 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Those look delicious!
Now I'm hungry! :)

oceanskies79 said...

Jammie: Welcome onboard. Thanks for the comments. I take them as compliments since the photographs must have been enticing enough to whet your appetite. :)

kyh said...

it's funny to see chinese restaurants in western countries often incorporate beef in their dishes, which is rare in Southeast Asia. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Kyh: Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I did not realise this since I would usually read the vegetarian, fish or chicken from the menu at any restaurants.