Tuesday, May 17, 2011

6 May 2011: Our breakfast at Bills

A cup of Bills own organic coffee by single origin roasters

6 May 2011 (Fri): Good breakfast are worth waking up early and walking long distances for. I have to thank my dear mother for her willingness to walk the long distances with me to find our way to our breakfast venue. It was my first time having breakfast at Bills, and I was doing my best to find our way to 433 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst.

Why did I choose to have breakfast at Bills?

It was thanks to the review by a travel guide entitled "i am SYDNEY - your very own travel guide to uncovering hip Sydney". This travel guide listed Bills at Darlinghurst as one of the places for the best breakfast in Sydney. The review wrote "Bills at Darlinghurst is famous for its scrambled eggs, Ricotta hotcakes and corn fritters."


How did I find my there?


The 131500 Transport Infoline is a very useful guide to help one find his way from the origin to the destination in Sydney.

My mom and I took a Light Rail to Central station, then took a train to Museum station. From the Museum station, we took bus M40. We were to alight at Oxford St North of College Street. Strangely, perhaps I had taken a longer route, the walk which was to take 7 minutes took longer than expected. When we finally reached Bills at Darlinghurst, we were delighted by the fact that we have finally reached our destination after a 20 minutes walk.


Bills. 433 Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst.

Our orders were:

- Ricotta hotcakes with fresh banana and honeycomb butter,
- Scrambled organic eggs with sourdough toast,
- A glass of tomato juice, and
- A cup of Bills own organic coffee by single origin roasters




The hotcakes were fluffy and soft on the inside, and nicely toasted on the outside. I like the syrup and banana that went well with the hotcakes. The scrambled eggs were delicious and I like its creamy texture. The tomato juice went perfectly well with the scrambled eggs. My mother sang praises of the organic coffee.

The service was great. Despite a roaring business, the folks at Bills were very attentive and helpful. One of them took the time to help us to find the shortest possible way to travel to our next destination, the Royal Botanic Gardens. We appreciated the timely and thoughtful help from Bills.

So the next time when you are wondering where you could go for a hearty and simple breakfast in Sydney, Bills is one option to consider.

Bills
433 Liverpool Street
Darlinghurst NSW 2010 Australia
Sydney
Tel: (+61) 2 9360 9631
http://www.bills.com.au



Please also see: My visit to Sydney, May 2011
All the photos on this post were taken using a Canon Digital IXUS 1000HS camera.

2 comments:

kyh said...

oh very yummy breakfast! am a sucker for scrambled eggs and hotcakes. :)

oceanskies79 said...

Hello Kyh!
When you are at Sydney, you have Bills to consider as one of the choices for your breakfast.