Sunday, November 28, 2010

14 Nov 2010: A church service and an interesting lunch pack


14 Nov 2010 (Sun):

I woke up pretty early in the morning, possibly before 5 a.m. as I realised I was one of the first few customers to turn up for breakfast at the Novotel Rockford Darling Harbour's Ceezons Restaurant. Breakfast had been a wonderful treat each and every day. Breakfast starts from 6.30 a.m. everyday till 10.30 a.m.

After breakfast, I took a short stroll to the nearby Darling Harbour to enjoy the beauty of the morning skies. Life at this pace goes well with me.

The morning was special. I had requested to join my friend, RL, for her church service. We attended the church service that started at 9.30 a.m. The message for the day was "Ravages of Religion" (Revelation 13:1-18), if I could infer correctly. I do not fully agree with all the messages that were shared. Nevertheless, I feel that spirituality is important and I hope to learn more about it. The service somehow reminded me that the people who command the power in the various religious institutions have very sacred roles to play to ensure that they use their power wisely for the betterment of humanity and their own community. We humans are more similar in our universal needs than we think.

I later learnt from the news that in Sydney, there has been a parliament motion over whether to legalise gay marriages. I prefer to see this issue from a value-based perspective. Whatever choice that was made, I hope that it was founded upon the values of love and respect, not fear and condemn.

RL and her fiance were wonderful hosts. They brought me to have lunch at Westfield Bondi Junction (I hope I have gotten the name correct), which was one of the biggest mall in Bondi area of Sydney. I ordered the Warm Vietnamese Chicken from Sumosalad located within a food court. The packaging was interesting and attractive. One could carry the packed salad very conveniently and smartly. The salad was fresh and crunchy. I ordered a serving that was too large for me, and I only finished the entire salad by that evening. The next time, if there is any, I would just order the regular size. For me, I could not quite imagine how my dear friend, RL, finished so many rolls of sushi during lunch.




***
Moments to be grateful for:
1) RL travelled all the way to the city to accompany me for the church service with her fiance.
2) Breakfast was delicious each and every day.

New things that I did:
1) I attended a church service in a foreign land.
2) I ate Sumosalad and found the packaging so interesting.
3) I walked into a shopping mall in Sydney that I have not visited before.

***
Sumosalad
Kiosk 4018, Westfield Bondi Junction
500 Oxford St.
Bondi Junction, NSW 2022

No comments: