Monday, September 13, 2010

The visit to Madame Tussauds Shanghai



One of the landmarks that I had visited during my tour to Shanghai was the Madame Tussauds Shanghai wax-museum. Interestingly, it is located within a shopping complex. I was told that the wax-figures in Madame Tussauds Shanghai have comparatively more natural looking poses than those in other similar museums. Since I have never visited the other Madame Tussauds museums, I am sorry that I cannot tell if this is indeed the case.

At the Madame Tussauds Shanghai, I had a glimpse of how the wax-figures were made. Like many other visitors, I took some time to pose with the wax-figures of prominent personalities. To much extent, they do have pretty natural-looking poses.



In this wax museum, I had the honour to meet wax figurines of well known personalities such as Bill Gates, Einstein, Andy Lau, Princess Diana and many more.

To be open, I might not visit a wax-museum if I were to visit Shanghai on my own. It had not strike me that wax-figures could be intriguing charming until I visited Madame Tussauds Shanghai. As such, I was glad that I had the opportunity to visit the humble-scale Madame Tussauds Shanghai.

***
Madame Tussauds Shanghai
10/F,New World Building, No.2-68 Nanjing Xi Road,Shanghai 200003 PRC
http://www.madametussauds.com/Shanghai/en/

No comments: