Monday, March 29, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

Yesterday, I took time to watch Alice in Wonderland (the 3D version). The movie kind of stretched my imagination.

At the end of the day, the message that I get is that we live our lives, and we have the power to decide and choose for ourselves. It reminded me of the theme of the search for one's destiny. Overall, this is quite a thought-provoking movie. It is entertaining too.

Now I wished I had the patience to read from cover to cover Lewis Carroll's original book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland when I had a copy of it when I was younger.

Here's a link to a trailer.

4 comments:

pinkie said...

There's another movie that's meaningful... 'How to Train your dragon'... can catch it if you have the time.

eastcoastlife said...

You want to watch it alone? I wanted to watch this but would have to watch for the DVD in my condition. :(

I read the book when I was in Primary 5.

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Thanks for the suggestion. Let me consider.

Eastcoastlife: I got one ticket for myself for the movie. I wasn't alone at the theatre, there were at least more than twenty people with me. :)

It's a insightful book isn't it?

eastcoastlife said...

haha.... you know what I meant.

I don't enjoy watching a movie with strangers.

I used to watch movies alone when I was in my late teens but I found it pointless when I couldn't discuss the movie with a partner who had also seen it.

When I'm back on my feet, let's catch a movie together. If you feel comfortable watching a movie with me .....