Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am thankful for good luck



I am feeling thankful today. This morning I was listening to my favourite radio station, possibly the only radio station that I now listen to, Symphony 92.4 FM. There was a live call-in contest to win a pair of tickets to the Singapore Symphony Orchestra's upcoming concert. I have a friend of mine who had wanted to catch a concert at the Esplanade Concert Hall. With my friend in mine, I made a couple of attempts to call in the radio station. I was about to give up because I simply could not dial through after several attempts, but when I decided to make one final attempt, the line actually connected!

As such, I was the lucky winner for today to win a pair of tickets to the concert Fantasies and Confessions. The deejay was very friendly over the phone. Singapore Symphony Orchestra will perform the following this coming Saturday:

VAUGHAN WILLIAMS - Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis
SHOSTAKOVICH - Piano Concerto No. 1 in C minor, Op. 35
MUSSORGSKY - Night on a Bald Mountain
MACMILLAN - The Confession of Isobel Gowdie

Maybe the lessons to learn from this call-in contest are: Stay hopeful and count one's blessings?

As I end this post, I wish you good luck too.

2 comments:

pinkie said...

So this is what happened! :) congrats on getting the tickets!

Doreen said...

You're real lucky angel. Hope you enjoy the orchestra.