Friday, July 04, 2008

An exhausting week

After an extremely stressful work-week last week, this work-week had been an exhausting one. I am thankful that there are colleagues who have rendered their words and acts of concern. It comforts me to know that there are people who care. I think their concern have helped me cope better. At least, I am feeling a little less anxious even though workload continues to be pretty challenging, if not more than last week.

On the side, I shall be thankful that I have a chance to work so hard. There are people who yearn very much for a chance to work and to contribute to society, but still did not get a job. I hope they would somehow clear the obstacles and the prejudice, and perhaps overcome their own emotional disappointments with how things have turned out.

July and August would be months that I won't be able to take long breaks from work due to some prior work commitments. At the same time, as I needed very much a long break from work, I shall start looking for a tour agency to make flight and hotel reservations for a trip to Sydney, Australia. The plan is to visit Australia in mid September. Hopefully, I could make a one-day stay at Melbourne too. This would be a trip to meet up with a few of my friends and to take a breather.

Mystic suggested that I enquire with SA Tours. I shall see what it could offer to someone like me who prefers to go free-and-easy, and travels most likely alone. Travelling solo could be a confidence building experience which my trip to London (in year 2005) has proved to be.

Meantime, I just wish I could effectively live the next few weeks with ease and stride.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

It's ok, Sept will be here in no time and soon you will be able to enjoy your holiday.

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: Thanks for your encouraging words.