Saturday, May 24, 2008

A break: Week 19 and 20 of year 2008 on the double bass

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

A few weeks ago, I had declared to take a break from practising on the double bass on weeks 19 and 20.

The only times when I had played on the double bass on these weeks were:

4 May 2008, Sun: I practised two short studies. Afterwhich, I continued to practise the first movement from Dittersdorf's Second Concerto. The goal was to improve intonation and articulation.

15 May 2008, Thu: It had been a long while since I had practised on the double bass. It felt comforting to be able to play on a double bass during my double bass lesson. There was no double bass lesson on the previous week. For this week, I continued to practise the first movement from Dittersdorf's Second Concerto. I strived for better tone quality and articulation for much of the lesson today.

During the two weeks period, my double bass was at the Luthier for repair. I realised I had missed it on many occasions. I'm glad that it is back now.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

glad that your double bass is all good now. Is it hard to learn double bass?

oceanskies79 said...

Doreen: Getting started on the double bass is fairly alright. The challenge is probably that of learning to use the bow. Mastering the instrument may be the greater challenge.

Are you interested in learning?

There's a virtual lesson with Andrew Anderson, put up by Jason Heath. I have put a link to the lessons here.