Monday, October 29, 2007

Where my subconscious mind led me

My subconscious mind must have been eager to save up for a better double bass that when I saw one particular post on Ping.sg, I could not help but check out the post.

The post is: Ways to save SGD200 monthly by The Young Businessman.

Then hey, I am already practising all that was taught! Except that I do have to take a taxi at least once a week when I have orchestra rehearsal so as to be in time for sectionals and rehearsals.

It looks like I have to look for ways to save more than S$200 per month, because if I were to save at that rate, it would take me 17.5 years to save up enough for a $42K double bass.

I figured that I may be better off practising and mastering the double bass like Gary Karr did, and play better than him, in hope that one wise and generous patron would present me a good quality double bass as a gift!

My subconscious mind with its most fanciful imagination was thinking of ways to earn myself a fulfilling and high-paying job that would captivate my interests and allow me to make good use of my skills and strengths, and would pay me good enough so that I can save at least $2000 per month. At that rate, I would only need 1 year and 9 months to save enough for a $42K double bass.

Meantime, I shall be happy with my current double bass that cost about the same amount as my one-month gross salary.

3 comments:

eastcoastlife said...

Gosh. Paying $42K for a musical instrument! I'm calculative when it comes to impractical things. Sorry, to a not so musically inclined retard, I'm unappreciative of this and branded things.

$42K invested well can become multiply a few times more.

pinkie said...

Isn't saving $200 monthly easy? Just put bare minimum money in your bank and keep the rest (savings) in another bank with no ATM card so tat you'll be so lazy to queue up at the bank to withdraw money :)

oceanskies79 said...

Eastcoastlife: When I'm feeling better, I shall tell you why musicians think it is better to invest in an instrument than to own a car or apartment.

Pinkie: It is easy to save $200 per month. But as you can see from my calculations, ideally, the desired would be to save at least $2000 per month. *wink*