Friday, August 17, 2007

Jason Heath's demonstration on the bass



Jason Heath in one of his posts shared an interesting video of himself explaining some fundamentals of the double bass. It reminded me of how low the double bass can sound. I love the deep and low sounds of the double bass.

In addition, in the video, we can watch Jason performing Ode D'Espagne composed by François Rabbath. It is quite interesting to learn about the different kinds of sounds that can be created on the double bass.

For your convenience, I have embedded the video in this post. Please check Jason's original post here.

***
On the side, if you would like to learn more about playing the double bass, there is a new post on d'Bassists official webhome on the topic of holding the double bass bow.

2 comments:

Jason Heath said...

Thanks for putting this up, PY! I have more of this demonstration recital on my computer ready to upload. I try to only put out 5 minutes or so for these videos. Longer than that and people's attention starts to wander (I know mine does!).

mistipurple said...

cool! love the wide range capability of the double bass. didn't realised that before.