Monday, August 06, 2007

The Happy Birthday tune


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J1NH8ytfy0


A humble video production of a rendition of a Happy Birthday tune played on the double bass. This is to wish Msfeline a Happy Birthday, and Kunstemaecker a belated Happy Birthday.

It was a challenge to record oneself on video single-handedly. Furthermore, I was playing strictly by ear without any score to refer to. I may not try to record myself too often due to logistic constraints. The embedded version of this video is only available for limited period.

Actually, I like this rendition and version of the Happy Birthday tune to mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPJ34Q4LN8s

For more double bass videos in which I have played, you may wish to check this: http://dbassists.blogspot.com/search/label/Our%20video

9 comments:

mistipurple said...

that's such a heartfelt gift!
Happy Birthday CrazyCat!
Happy Belated Birthday Kunstemaecker!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so very very much! Hahaha, that was marvellous. You are truly too kind.

:-)

oceanskies79 said...

Misti: Thanks for celebrating their birthday with me.

Kunstemaecker: My pleasure. :)

Emy said...

thats so sweet!

birthday song =)

unfortunately im just REALLY tech unsavvy...

Simple American said...

Happy birthday to the birthday kids. :)

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed watching you play this PY. Love the way the wind blows your hair and watching you focus. And I see a small bit of satisfaction at the end of the song. I think I enjoyed so much because I think you are happy while playing.

Anonymous said...

Now I can hear you play even when I'm not in Spore. So nicely done. Did you turn on the fan for that "wind blowing hair" effect? :D

oceanskies79 said...

Emily: :) Actually my camera has already converted everything to the right format for me to upload onto You-Tube, so I didn't need any extra editing.

SA: Thanks for your compliments.

Tigerfish:: I did turn on a fan, but the hair-blowing effect was probably not due to the fan. It is quite windy if I were to open the windows and practise in that room.

Anonymous said...

hi,

I'm flattered to pieces that you linked my "happy birthday - on the bass!".

You have a nice clean sound and a lovely bow arm - well how could you have one without the other? ;) - just need to be more confident in your shifting.

all the best - juliana QOTU

oceanskies79 said...

Juliana: Thank you for your feedback and comments.