Sunday, July 29, 2007

The start of a new week

I don't know about others, but for me, Sunday shall be the first day of the week. Today is the start of week 31 of the year 2007.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

I was at Bugis Junction this morning. It was a pleasant surprise when I saw a heritage exhibition at a corner of Bugis Junction. It was an exhibition that featured the wedding ceremonies of the Chinese, Malays, Indians and Eurasians.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

As I had some time on hand, I walked to Bugis Village to see what was available there. It was about 9.20 a.m. when I was there and most of the shops there were not opened yet. Anyway, the scene below caught my eye, so I took a photo:

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Afterwhich, I found my way back to Bugis Junction. In case you are wondering why I had went to Bugis Junction early on a Sunday morning, I was there to have breakfast.

A good breakfast starts the day on a good note. Furthermore, breakfast is the favourite meal of the day of yours truly. I was privileged this morning to have the company of Carcar. We have had a delightful breakfast at The Coffee Connoisseur at Bugis Junction. The cafe has a cosy and welcoming ambience. I like its fairly spacious space.

If it is quiz-time now, I shall ask my readers what you see in this photo:

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!
Obviously, the answer cannot be a superficial one. My model answer shall only be revealed when I get 30 comments for this post. I beg your pardon that no clue shall be given.

Anyway, back to the food, I recommend breakfast at The Coffee Connoisseur for I think the breakfast sets are generally value-for-money for the taste, the serving, and the ambience of the cafe.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Orange juice was served with the American Breakfast that I had ordered. Maybe my mind was too focused on enjoying my breakfast, the photo below that I had taken did not seem to do the food enough justice, didn't it?

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Over breakfast, Carcar and myself engaged ourselves in conversation. I realised that both of us shared a common trait: We were both eager to take photographs of the food when the food was served!

I have managed to capture Carcar in action using my digital camera.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

***
After breakfast, Carcar demonstrated to me how one can buy durians from one of the nearby durian stalls. She looked like an expert at this. I stood beside her wondering when I would master the art of doing so.

By that time, the wind started to blow very strongly. There wasn't anything special about the wind. However, it was quite a pleasant treat to the eyes to see purple-coloured petals falling onto the ground because of the forces of the wind. Some poetic moments can help make life a little more bearable.

Soon, the rain started but it did not seem to dampen anyone's spirit. We travelled and found our way to Eastcoastlife's home.

Eastcoastlife and her husband have been very good hosts and they make good company. If not for the fact that I had an important mission of keeping time for Carcar, I might not have realised how fast time can simply fly.

Many thanks to Eastcoastlife and her family for their hospitality. They treated Carcar and myself to some good food, including the famous Katong Laksa.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

The food wasn't the key part of what has made the day a good start for a new week. I would think that it was the company that had mattered. Thank you Carcar, Eastcoastlife and family for the company today.

Last but not the least, may Eastcoastlife's foot heal soon, in the pain-free way.

**
For a few more photos, please click here.

9 comments:

pinkie said...

It's lovely to spend a leisure day catching up with friends... a pity I missed this :( but glad that you ladies had an enjoyable time! :)

Anonymous said...

I do not like Sundays since it means the start of the week, and means Monday is here again! :(

Quiz time: They are all "TCC" on the paper napkins ? :P

eastcoastlife said...

I'm so happy to see Carcar and you. Should do this again. And you bought durians for me! It was very good! Tokong!

I shall cook for you the next meet at my house. Popia Party again? Durian puffs? hehehe....

Quiz : Agree with tigerfish, all the initials become TCC.

c a r c a r said...

lovely post! counted...7 times...hehehe...

trully a happy meeting with u on Sunday. so happy to see ECL too! such a lovely and frenly person she is!~

i cant wait want to blog it soon!~

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: I have had enjoyed myself. :)

Tigerfish: I prefer Sundays as the start of the week because it means that I can rest before Monday comes... I am not going to reveal the answer of the quiz. It isn't the answer I was looking for. Try again please.

Eastcoastlife: What does "Tokong" means? You are most welcome for the durians...actually we weren't sure if you could eat it...

It will be a pleasure to try the food that you have made. Could I ask that no popiah for me please? I don't like to fold my own popiah if I have a choice.

Try again for the quiz. It is meant to makle people think deeper. ;)

Carcar:: Lovely meeting up with you too. :)

Simple American said...

I love those circular stairwells. Are those homes or shops there?

What a neat way to spend the day. With Carcar and ECL having a food holiday.

oceanskies79 said...

SA: I am aware that stairways are meant to be fire-escape routes....not sure if those are homes or shops.

Carcar and Eastcoastlife are lovely people to be with. :)

Chen said...

Laksa Katong - i never tried it before. Looks similar as Laksa Lemak.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Chen: Thank you for coming by.

How does Laksa Lemak look like? I am sure that if you visit Singapore one day, you would be able to ask to try the Katong Laksa.