Friday, May 04, 2007

My parcel from US

A parcel air-flown from US reached me today. I have ordered some double bass related CDs and scores from Lemur Music.

I was listening to one of the CDs that was part of this part. This is a CD recording of a "virtual piano accompanist" who is playing the Marcello's Sonata in G Major. The CD comes with several selections with metronome click track. I think it would serve me well very soon. I can play anytime with a virtual piano accompanist in the luxury of my own home, even at this odd hour of the night. The only pity was that it did not come with a recording of the double bass parts.

The other CD that I had bought contains recordings by Gary Karr, the double bass playing three sonatas for Viola da Gamba and Klavier composed by Johann Sebastian Bach.

Music soothes, and I am loving the sound of the double bass.

1 comment:

Simple American said...

Glad you are able to enjoy those CDs. I bet it is costly to get from the states.