Sunday, April 15, 2007

SINGAPORE. A Geopolitical Utopia.

Vladimir Martynov's SINGAPORE. A Geopolitical Utopia
About a month ago, I have written about a concert featuring Vladimir Martynov's SINGAPORE. A Geopolitical Utopia.

While I was trying to search for information on this work, I chanced upon an article by Chang Tou Liang: Some thoughts about Vladimir Martynov's SINGAPORE. A Geopolitical Utopia. Do check the article out especially if you have had the privilege to listen to Vladimir Martynov's SINGAPORE. A Geopolitical Utopia.

Emily and Mystic: you could check the above article out.

For the convenience of my readers, I tried to find out where one could purchase a copy of the recording of Vladimir Martynov's SINGAPORE. A Geopolitical Utopia, but I have yet to find an answer. Let me know if you do.

However, I certainly know that when you visit the National Museum of Singapore and enter the Singapore History Gallery via the museum's Glass Rotunda, the first thing that you would hear is the first movement of Vladimir Martynov's SINGAPORE. A Geopolitical Utopia. Here's one good reason to visit the museum.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! If you are looking for a DVD recording of Martynov's Singapore: A Geo-Political Utopia, you could check out Ear-Shot, the bookshop cum coffee shop at The Arts House. The recording, I believe, was the premiere from 2005, recorded in Moscow. Then S:AGPU was known as From Foreign Lands and Peoples (or something to that effect), which was Martynov's original title.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Anonymous: Thanks for your tip.

I have found copies of the CD recordings on sale at the Museum Shop (The Banyan Tree?). I saw the recordings on sale when I was at both the National Museum of Singapore and the Singapore Art Museum last Saturday.

cumi laut said...

Hi Oceanskies79,

I've heard the song and honestly amazed by the intensity of the music. If I may ask, how much is the price of the cd? I think I will have a friend buy it for me.

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Cumi Laut, it is about S$25 (Singapore dollars). You can get it from the Museum shop. I think I saw it at the Singapore Art Museum and National Museum of Singapore a few weeks ago, when I was there at both places.