Saturday, January 13, 2007

Too much questions about life itself

Here's one of my favourite quotes:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous --
Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people
Won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God within us.
It is not just in some of us: it is in everyone,
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously
Give other people permission to do the same.


- Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love (New York: Harper Collins, 1992)
(the edition of this quote was taken from Zander R.S. and Zander B. (2000). The Art of Possibility. Boston, Massachusetts: Harvard Business School Press.)

***
The quote has been an empowering one, which demonstrates that there are lots of possibilities out there for us to achieve, but perhaps we are terrified of achieving the possibilities (?). For the past weeks, I have been asking myself, am I fearful of releasing that light in me? Or rather, is it because I have no clue how I could best let my own light shine? Somehow, I felt I have yet to fully realise and demonstrate my potential.

Life's too short, how do I make the most out of my life?

Meantime, perhaps too much questioning has painted my moods blue. I am feeling pretty melancholic and dark of late. Please pardon me if I don't wish to talk.

2 comments:

pinkie said...

maybe the light will be let out on its own when it's time? ... only god knows...

mistipurple said...

sometimes i am afraid to allow myself to shine, because i may be scared that i cannot shine.
another conflicting emotion of mine is, i am afraid that when i shine, i hurt others. :(