Monday, January 29, 2007

PY's museum visits

For the past two weeks, I have been visiting a few of the museums in Singapore. If you are patient enough, you will be able to read about my accounts of these visits soon enough.

Meantime, here is to share with you some snippets of my visits. I recommend that if you are currently in Singapore, please do check out these exhibitions at the museums.

**

Maria Theresia - Mother Empress of Hasburg Austria
Venue: at National Museum of Singapore, till 31 Jan 2007

Last Saturday, I went to this exhibition yet again, for my second time. For my most recent trip, I finally managed to get myself onboard one of the guided tours. This is an exhibition worth visiting. If you would like an account of my first visit to this exhibition (in Dec 2006), you could check out this link. Do go for this exhibition before it ends on 31 Jan 2007.




Improving Life - The Design of Swedish Innovations
Venue: at National Museum of Singapore, Concourse, till 11 Feb 2007.


I don't drink, but it was interesting to know that the glass bottle of Absolut Volka is a Swedish design. The design of the glass bottle has made Absolut one of the best selling premium volkas in the world. It is amazing how design can influence the consumers' perceptions and buying choices.


National Museum of Singapore, Singapore History Gallery and Singapore Living Galleries.

Since I was already in the National Museum of Singapore, I decided it would be worthwhile to check out some of the exhibits found in the Singapore History Gallery and the Singapore Living Galleries. Museum visiting nowadays are getting more and more appealing for the technology-savy visitors.




NUS Museum

I checked out the NUS Museum before my orchestra rehearsal on a Wednesday afternoon. In particular, I spent quite a bit of time viewing the works by the late artist, Ng Eng Teng. Here's to share a work that I have found quite whimsical.




Mystery Men: Finds from China's Lost Age
Venue: Asian Civilisation Museum, Special Exhibitions Gallery,
16 Jan 2007 - 15 Apr 2007.

This is one block-buster exhibition that I would strongly recommend. Other than the interesting masks with protruding eyes and large ears, one can gain some insights to an early Chinese civilisation.



For more information on this exhibition, click on the following URL: http://www.acm.org.sg/exhibitions/eventdetail.asp?eventID=153

**
For now, if you would like to read the accounts of my visits, please be patient, and stay tuned.

1 comment:

pinkie said...

I drink! I love vodka orange! Learnt something new from you about Vodka! Thanks!