Friday, January 19, 2007

Bye Hainan

(Hainan, Nov 2006)

While writing about my trip to Hainan, I realised that I hadn't take much photographs at Haikou. It seems that the novelty of village life had got me to take lots of photographs as mementos. Furthermore, I didn't seem to like the life in a busy city. I figured that I prefer life in the sub-urbs than the cities.

On 12 Nov 2006, my parents and I did some shopping. I have no interest to share with you about the shopping experience because I don't have a fancy for shopping in general (except shopping for books, and double bass related stuffs).

Before I knew it, I found myself waking up early in the morning of 13 Nov 2006. My parents and I checked out of the hotel, and took a taxi to Meilan Airport about 15 minutes ride away.





I realised that for passengers taking international flights from Meilan Airport, it isn't quite worth the effort to come too early (e.g. two hours before the departure time). One can't check in one's baggages until a specific time (about 45 minutes before departure). My parents and I were spending our time waiting. But then again, we were thankful that we were at the airport a little earlier, because there were already a queue waiting to check in baggages at about 1 hour 10 minutes before the departure time.

Before I knew it, I was back in Singapore.

It was fairly pleasant onboard Tiger Airways. I won't mind taking Tiger Airways in the future. However, I think a bit more could be done to help make Tiger Airways more friendly for the elderly, especially when the folks have to get down the plane at the Budget Terminal, Singapore.


No comments: