Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A special lunch today

Lunch was a special one today. It was a work-day. Normally, I would have lunch alone or with my colleagues on a work-day.

Today was special. I was delighted to be able to have the time to have lunch together with one of my friends, EJ, at an eatery near my workplace. I am thankful that EJ took time out from her busy schedule to meet me for lunch. It has been at least a year since we last met. (I exclude the time when I met EJ by chance earlier this year.) Furthermore, she drove down to a place convenient for me.

It was nice to have a chance to catch-up with EJ. We knew each other since university days. I still remember the words of encouragement and support that she would offer on those times when I was feeling down. Probably this is why there is a saying that goes: "people will forget what you said but people will never forget how you made them feel."

We had lunch at Bei Sheng Seafood. I simply love the Oats Prawn. I kept scooping the oats. This place probably serves one of the best oats I know of. EJ agreed that the oats was nice. The oats went very well with the Pineapple Rice. This place also has good service and the food are being served pretty fast even though it was lunch hours.

During the lunch, I shared with my friend photos that I had taken a year ago at the United Kingdoms. Looking at those photos just made me miss Scotland. The air there is so fresh, and I love the grass which one can so comfortably sit on.

EJ commented that I could title this photo as "Freedom"






Last but not the least, here's to thank EJ for the present. I think it will come handy in this weather with its non-slip properties.

The lunch might be short but it was worthwhile to spend it with a treasured friend.

1 comment:

Marc said...

yeah, it's always good to have a good buddy to lunch with. I wish I could say the same though but I've got a small little friend now to share lunch with so I should be thankful.