Monday, November 13, 2006

The traveller's back home

I've just reached home at about less than four hours ago. It feels nice to be back home, but I find myself missing the quiet and peaceful environment of village life back at my father's hometown. I am now feeling as if my ears are being bombarded by noises from the television set. Sigh.

Does anyone know of an effective method to treat mosquito bites? While I was in Hainan Province for the past five days, the mosquitoes there seemed to love my blood so much that I am now itching from the numerous mosquito bites. Someone told me to apply some herbal oil and I did so some moments ago. I keep my fingers crossed that this would work.

***

I was trying to catch up on my reading of blogs and emails, and I found these pieces of noteworthy news that happened while I was away:

- Here in Singapore, check out on this: Public Consultation on Proposed Amendments to The Penal Code. And for the Singapore citizens, do lend your valued contributions.

- Jason Heath has switched to using Blogger Beta. Check out his blog: http://jasonheath.blogspot.com

- At Yesterday.sg, find out what was the top ten rare finds
for the first day of the Heritage Road Show.

- The Rambling Leaf Monkey wrote about Clementi, a housing estate in Singapore. The post is worth checking out. The URL is: http://leafmonkey.blogspot.com/2006/11/goodbye-clementi.html

I don't live in Clementi, but I have some memories of this place as it is one of the nearest housing estate to the university where I had spent my undergraduate years, and where I still have rehearsals at.

Actually from the viewpoint of a commuter, I don't need an air-conditioned bus-interchange and I can be reasonably happy without it so long as the bus-interchange is clean and well-ventilated. Maybe the money that was meant for the air-conditioned bus-interchange could be better spent otherwise?

***

That is all for now. For the patient readers, you would be rewarded with posts about Hainan when I have the time and energy to do so.

Meantime, I keep my fingers crossed that I can find some time to practise on the double bass. I haven't been practising for a couple of days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how did you like Hainan?

pinkie said...

I saw you online and tot you are still in Hainan, tat's fast!