Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A post on the National Stadium



Tym has written a nice post on Yesterday.sg on the National Stadium.

I don't have a lot of memories of this place, but I remember that I had performed at the National Stadium for the Opening Ceremony of SEA Games when I was in my secondary school years (and that was more than a decade ago!).

The most memorable part was that the performance that I was involved in had this part that required some of the performers to use a pin to burst the balloon. I was one of those balloon-bursting performers. I still vaguely remember that I had a hard time trying to burst the balloon with a pin, but I did it in the end. Another memorable part was to listen the band which had performed for the Opening Ceremony play the Fanfare. Yeah, it was just right for the occasion even though it wasn't my favourite kind of music.

Tym has made a visit to the Sports Museum that is housed within the National Stadium, and Tym has written about this visit. Check out Tym's post: Seeing the National Stadium inside out.

No comments: