Monday, October 09, 2006

Stretched

The muscles around my right shoulder blade seem to be hurting. I might have stretched the muscles or have pulled them somehow, but I have no clue how I have done so. Now it hurts when I raise my right arm vertically up in the air and when I attempt to rotate my right arm in a circular motion.

I've arrived home about slightly less than an hour ago. For reasons that I could not determine, I am having a headache. Thank goodness that this only happened after I locked up the office compounds.

The right side of my hips are hurting too. The thing is that I haven't been doing much walking the past weekend.

I seem to be experiencing physical pain these few days. Are the pains telling me something?

***

Pain (any pain--emotional, physical, mental) has a message. The information it has about our life can be remarkably specific, but it usually falls into one of two categories: "We would be more alive if we did more of this," and, "Life would be more lovely if we did less of that." Once we get the pain's message, and follow its advice, the pain goes away.

-Peter McWilliams, Life 101

***






Anyway, my burning question is: how can I ease the pain?

No comments: