Saturday, October 28, 2006

An early birthday wish for Mystic

I have the honour and pleasure to meet up with one of my good friends, Mystic, to celebrate her birthday (in advance) today.

We each had Ben & Jerry ice-cream at Raffles City shopping mall, and later travelled to Race Course Road for dinner. Dinner was good. I like the briyani rice especially. The vegetables served were nice too.



Little India at night. Taken by Mystic.


I am thankful that Mystic was gracious enough to accompany me to the Singapore Biennale site at the Maghain Aboth Synagogue to see Jaume Plensa's Even Shetia. This is one work that one must experience personally at a close distance before one can fully learn to appreciate it. I have tried to take a photo of it but the essence of this work just simply could not be captured using photography. This work is one work that has to be appreciated during the night time, from a fairly close distance.




I would also like to thank Mystic for being obliging to my request of visiting the National Library along Victoria Street. I wasn't there to read the books but I wanted to experience the trill of taking the lift up to the highest possible level to view Victoria Street and Middle Street in their quiet simplicity at night.

**

Thanks Mystic for the treat to hot lemon tea. It was refreshing.

Last but not the least, wishing Mystic a Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

mistipurple said...

happy birthday Mystic!

oceanskies79 said...

Misti: Thanks for joining in the celebration. :)