Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What's listening?

In order to gain a better appreciation of Beethoven's music, I am now listening to Beethoven's Symphony No. 9. Earlier, I was listening to Beethoven's Coriolan Overture.

***
Last week, I was trying to look at the syllabus for the aural test which is one of the components of the music practical exams.

One part of the test requires one to listen to music with understanding and to discuss about a given piece of music. If I am not wrong, the discussion will center around any of the musical features of a piece of music played by the examiner. I am able to differentiate if a piece of music is from the Classical, Romantic or Contemporary period. However, what else should one discuss for this component?

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

i think both your theory and practical teachers can help alot in this area.