Sunday, July 09, 2006

In search of past memories: Capitol


Capitol Building. Singapore.


Lam Chun See has written a post on Yesterday.sg that writes about his memories and reflections of the Capitol Theatre.

I have often walked past what is now known as the Capitol Building. I am aware that adjacent to the Capitol Building is a building with a sign indicating Capitol Theatre. Yet, I do not recall having watched any movie in the Capitol Theatre. How were Capitol Building and Capitol Theatre related to each other?

I don't know. I could only infer from the photographs taken decades ago that Capitol Building might have been a part of the Capitol Theatre. (?) Have changes have been taking place so fast that the past tends to get easily forgotten?

Does anyone have any memory of the Capitol Theatre to share?

Meantime, check out this post by Chun See: Another one bites the dust

No comments: