Friday, May 12, 2006

Visit to Haw Par Villa



A few weeks ago, I visited the Haw Par Villa.

Located along Pasir Panjang Road, Singapore, it was built by Mr Aw Boon Haw for his beloved brother Aw Boon Par.

If you have heard of the Tiger Balm ointment, the ointment has close association with the two brothers. The ointment was developed by Mr Aw Chu Kin, father of Mr Aw Boon Haw and Aw Boon Par. After the death of his father, Aw Boon Haw marketed the balm under the brand Tiger Balm. (Click on the following source for more: How Tiger Balm began.)

Meantime, I shall write no further. Read my account of my visit by clicking on this link. Let me know if this is a place that you would like visit.

5 comments:

pinkie said...

how long did u take at the villa?

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: Less than a hour, I estimate. I only covered certain sections. My main intention that day was to visit the Hua Song Museum.

dreaming-neko said...

hey there! you've been touring alot lately! great posts :)

oceanskies79 said...

SA: Paranormal? Well, actually that was not what Haw Par villa was built to showcase. It is better known for various exhibits depicting stories from the Chinese mythology.

Dreaming Neko: Walking about and sight-seeing is a form of recreation for me, I suppose. Thanks.

Daphne said...

This is a place filled with nostalgic childhood memories for me. I've lots of photos of the park before the revamp.

I would love to visit again and take my bf along as it's got some personal significance to him.

The last time I went was in the late 1990s. Ages ago >_<