Saturday, May 27, 2006

Tiramisu treat

For working hard for a rather long working week, I decided to give myself a treat to a piece of tiramisu after today's lunch.

According to a fairly reliable source, this place sells one of the best tiramisu in Singapore:

Romano Ristorante Italian Casual Dining
10 Jalan Leban
Singapore 577551
Tel: 6453 688


According to a source, "Tirami su’ is a dialectal expression of Veneto that means pick me up, in the sense of re-energize, regain strength, or waking-up."

The tiramisu that I have had this afternoon tasted nice. The texture was just right, and I love its generous serving of the cream. It was not too sweet nor too bland. Just the right taste for yours truly. I can agree that it is by far the best tiramisu that I have eaten in Singapore (though I must qualify that I am not a avid lover of tiramisu). The tiramisu went well with the peppermint tea that I have ordered along with it.

The restaurant's ambience was fairly good too, at least it kept yours truly away from undesirable noises.

The only pity is that I did not take a picture of the tiramisu for you to see. But hopefully, reading about the tiramisu treat would re-energize you too.

5 comments:

mistipurple said...

yum! a pick-me-up indeed! :)

Marc said...

SA: I can assure you that one taste is all you need and you'll crumble away. Good stuff that.

Jammie J. said...

tiramisu is one of my most favorite desserts. Mmmmm.

oceanskies79 said...

It is pretty good stuff for about $6.90 ++

oceanskies79 said...

Singapore dollars.