Monday, April 03, 2006

Another night of attack by noises

Strangely, the construction site nearby my place had continued with the works until close to 9 p.m. today. Maybe it was my ears, the works sounded quite loud today.

**

If you were to live in a communal setting, could you please consider to turn your television set to a volume that is audible enough, but not too loud?

In the end, don't be surprised to find the volume of the television set suddenly turned down.

My question is: Don't people know that long term exposure to loud volume may cause damage to the ear?

I just don't know how to reverse the process of the damage for the people who claimed that they can't hear properly unless the volume of the television set is at a particular level.

**

To distract myself from the noises, I decided to take my husband out (from the soft-case) and play on him. On a hot day, practising on a double bass can make one sweat. Afterall, I did mention that practising on a double bass can be like a work-out. It not only exercise one's musical faculties, one's mind but also one's physique.

Practising helped a bit. It helped make me stay a little more sane to withstand the attack by the noises. Now, I ask: When are the peaceful times going to come?

3 comments:

pinkie said...

am thinking hard on this one... "To distract myself from the noises, I decided to take my husband out (from the soft-case) and play on him. On a hot day, practising on a double bass can make one sweat. Afterall, I did mention that practising on a double bass can be like a work-out. It not only exercise one's musical faculties, one's mind but also one's physique."

Okie, enjoy!

It's probably good to distract u from noise...

pinkie said...

oh talking abt tv volume... this is what I know... the elderly have poor hearing, so they tend to turn the volume up... so it doesn't matter about causing damage to the ears cos theirs already damaged...

oceanskies79 said...

Pinkie: What were you thinking hard about?

I wish to protect my ears from the potential damage.

SA: It is quite physically demanding. *winks*