Saturday, March 04, 2006

Weekend of Indulgence

I am hoping that some reasonable amount of indulgence would help me to feel better living in this world. I am hoping to be in sync with myself again.

Last evening, I met SH after work for dinner. We ate at a restaurant serving Japanese food, Sakae Sushi. I confess that I recently have a fond appetite for soft-shell crab and sashimi. As such, my orders include that of a bowl of sashimi salad (which was served with tomato pulp) and a plate of soft-shell crab.

Then we decided to spend some time at the Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay to enjoy the sea breeze and to catch one of the outdoors performances.

Much later in the evening, we decided to stop by this ice-cream cafe, Gelare, for desserts. I quite like the cookies & cream and green-tea mudpie that I had there last evening.

***
This morning, the construction site near my flat was making far too much noises than my ears could bear. That had made me shelved off my plans to pratise on the double bass. In the end, I went out.

For lunch, I had sashimi again. The Koh Japanese Food at the basement of Bugis Junction Shopping Centre's food court proved to be value-for-money.

Perhaps its reasonably good tasting food and the value-for-money serving have won me over. For the past weeks, I have been patronising the branch of Koh San Japanese Food located at Toa Payoh HDB Centre's Koufu food court on Thursday's evening when I had to be in Toa Payoh Central for my music theory lessons.


Central Library


After lunch, I visited the Central Library. I browsed through a book on the topic of the Kings and Queens of Britain. Much later, I attended the talk titled Power Dressing-Up!. It was a pretty insightful talk. I had went for the related exhibition titled Power Dressing at the Asian Civilisation Museum some time ago, but it did not make much sense to me. Admittedly, I did not quite know how to appreciate textiles as compared to paintings. The talk this afternoon has helped me better appreciate the significance of the exhibits that I had seen. I intend to revisit the Asian Civilisation Museum again.

As if one talk was not enough, I decided to walk to the nearby Singapore Art Museum to catch the public programme titled Walking Tour-St. Joseph's Institution and Bras Basah. The first part of the programme was delivered in the format of a talk. The speaker was Han Tan Juan, veteran journalist and long-time researcher of folklore and the history of Singaporean and Malaysian Chinese. He spoke in Mandarin. I found myself gaining much more understanding of the history of the Bras Basah's area after the talk.

Since this is supposed to be a weekend of indulgence, I ended up deciding to catch a movie. Alone again. Pardon me, the handwriting analysis could be right that I can be a loner. Thanks to the good reviews and the strong recommendations from SH, I decided to catch the Brokeback Mountain. The pictures were well-taken. There were several parts where I did not quite figure the underlying symbolism. The music was quite beautiful. The actors acted well too.

Admittedly, maybe indulgence might have to end soon. Weekend's ending. Furthermore, I am feeling as if my throat is getting sore of late. The hip pain still strikes at times and I find myself walking quite carefully in order not to aggravate the injured ankle.

Coincidentally, I met Msfeline by chance again much later in the evening.

Meantime, I wonder if I could still be as indulgent tomorrow. My throat is obsviously feeling sore now.

1 comment:

crazycat said...

heyhey, i seem to be bumping into u so often!!
and guess wat? i also have sakae sushi that day before i bump into u.. i had such cravings for it!!!