Sunday, March 05, 2006

Intrusions

I badly needed a quiet place. To think, and to reflect.

It did not help that I am not living alone by myself. I have to learn to bear with the noises from the television. I do not need the television, but my parents do. I do not need it to be at such a volume, I could hear what was on the television clearly so long as I pay due attention to what was going on on the screen. But perhaps, my parents needed the volume to be louder.

The sensitivity to sounds may have serve me well when I am playing in the orchestra. However, it did not help when it made me feel that the noises from the television were intruding into my personal space. I have yet to develop the capacity to form a bubble glass around myself to shield me from the noises. If you know how, please enlighten me.

6 comments:

pinkie said...

close your room door? sound proof your room?

Hilda said...

My home was pretty noisy growing up thanks to my Dad being partially deaf. I used to fight sound with sound. I frequently listened to music using headphones. It wasn't perfect silence but at least I had a choice about what I was listening to.

Wishing you much happiness!

Jane said...

I would choose to read a book...put myself into something... When I read, I don't hear anything else...
Put yourself into something deeply... may help... I don't know. For me, it helps!

crazycat said...

and people wonder i am so grouchy and easily irritated at home...

after a long day at work, the last thing we need is to have noise (that we dun wan) to be blasted into our ears.....
but this is life... we have to also respect other people's need.. but then.. its hard to ask them to consider our need too.. since they are our parents and they had hard time bringing us up...
:)

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks everyone for your concern.

Pinkie, I wish I could, but I use the PC which is located in the common area.

Hilda, I shall think about the headphones.

Jane: Let me try. Thanks.

Kelly, I agree with you on the parents' part.

oceanskies79 said...

SA: I have hinted my parents.....well, I suppose you might have guessed the outcome boils to a nil.