Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The $40K eye-candy

If you were by at Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay's mall lately, you might have noticed a double bass standing in one of the shops.

This double bass is Italian, master-crafted. The friendly person at the shop told me that the double bass is made from seasoned material. It looked pretty nice, and it sounded much better than my husband (see the picture right below). It should better sound better. Afterall, it cost 16 times more than my husband.

The person at the shop was nice and invited me to play on it. Take this as a fling then. If I have all the money in the world to spare, I might consider this eye-candy over my husband.

Then again, logically speaking, unless I have that kind of money to spare, I am unlikely to have considered buying such an expensive double bass at this point. I have no need for another double bass so as to speak, although a better double bass would help make playing more easier for me. Furthermore, I might feel that I am not a good enough player for it as yet. Then again, if I have such a nice eye-candy as the potential new husband, I might be inspired to play much much better?

Bear with my senseless ramblings. I needed to write some nonsense in hope to cheer myself up. Would the wild dream ever come true? I am just doing what I know to work slowly towards it. But a lifetime is very short. Very.


My husband, the double bass  Posted by Hello

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

dreams can be fulfilled. :)
take bigger wild steps! be daring, you're young, and you've got time!