Thursday, February 02, 2006

The Music of the Night


Lots of thoughts, yet no moods to write.

Music therapy? I am now listening to this album titled The Phantom of the Opera.

I realised I quite like the way Prima Donna sounds.

All I ask of you sounds soothing compared to the dissonant tunes from many of the other numbers.

The Music of the Night sounds nicely dark.

...
Open up your mind,
let your fantasies unwind,
in this darkness which
you know you cannot fight -
the darkness of
the music of the night...

Let your mind
start a journey through a strange, new world!
Leave all thoughts of the world
you knew before!
...


Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Lyrics by Charles Hart
Additional lyrics by Richard Stilgoe

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I need to listen to that again. It makes me sane somehow.

pinkie said...

This is one of my favourite opera... all the songs are so nice...

oceanskies79 said...

Phantom of the Opera is a nice musical. I used to think it was an opera, but many told me that it is a musical. Well....I can't quite tell the difference...but ok, it is a musical.

Nice music.

oceanskies79 said...

Sherry and all: To listen to snippets from this musical, check: this.

Jammie J. said...

I love Phantom. Love, love, love it. My favorite music of all time. :)