Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Magic of Dark Skies





Last evening, I decided to go for an evening walk. The walk started out with looking for a place to have dinner. I had a craving for sashimi last evening but the queue for most of the more reasonably-priced Japanese restaurants were long. As such, I gave up on the idea of having sashimi for last evening's dinner. Instead I had Japanese udon at one of the foodcourts.

To keep the story short, I shall not bore readers with some parts of the walk. At about 9.15 p.m., I stopped by near the Outdoor Theatre of the Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. I waited. I knew that at 9.30 p.m., there would be a fireworks display. The display was part of the Singapore River Hongbao event.

Catch a glimpse of the fireworks. It was brief but beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is udon?

oceanskies79 said...

Udon is type of thick wheat-based noodle popular in Korean and Japanese cuisine.

Abaniko said...

I've always been fascinated with fireworks. They feel surreal.

Jammie J. said...

I love fireworks, they're so celebratory! :)

mistipurple said...

just now there was an excellent display too! this year's the longest they're having the fireworks!! 15 days in a row!! whoopie!! (i heard there will be an extra tomorrow but i am not sure about that!)