Saturday, January 07, 2006

They get me down


Taken from Esplanade Park



Take it that rainy days get me down.

My mother must have been having the worst of days to actually wake me up from my afternoon nap to scold me for keeping one of the windows wide open. Actually, the window wasn't very wide open, but I did open it to improve the ventiliation.

Before I had taken the nap, the rain had stopped. Maybe today must have not been my day, it started very heavily while I was having a nap. As such, the rain fell and came indoors and made part of the floor and furniture near the windows wet.

While it was unintentional of me to left the windows open on a rainy day, I admit I should bear the full responsibilities for the wet floor.

But could I ask that even if one is deadly angry about the inconveniences that have been caused by the wet floor, that one does not wake someone up and start scolding the waking soul? I was trying to rest to feel better from a bugging headache and unwell throat. Waking one up with such unpleasant event is distressing and awfully confusing. I felt like I was being pushed to the end of one's life.

The cost of fighting such a battle of waking a sleepy person up over a wet floor is tremendously not worthwhile, won't it be? A sleepy person may need the rest badly, such unexpected waking of the person may cause rifts in relationship and doesn't earn the value in any relationship. But the wet floor, when the sun shines, it will dry up.

Maybe the lesson learnt is: when one feels like going into any temper outburst (no matter how bad one's day has been), please remember to weigh whether it is actually worthwhile to do so. Don't risk losing the bigger things in life over petty issues.

3 comments:

Yng Lyn said...

rainy days are depressing but your photographs have a sublime quality to them!
i wish i met you in singapore... :)
hugs!!

crazycat said...

i tend to lose my temper a lot lately.. i am a bad person

oceanskies79 said...

Hi Yng Lyn, thanks for the compliments. While I still feel shy to meet people I don't know well, I think you will be someone nice to get to know. See ya.

Crazycat: You are a nice person in your unique way.

A person who lose temper a lot isn't a bad person. But I like to see the act of losing temper not a worthy act (as you can read from the event that I wrote about). It is alright to feel angry and/or hurt. The key thing is how one acts when one is feeling angry or hurt, perhaps?

I hope you will feel better soon. I have a tendency to find myself having the uge to lose temper a lot when things around me aren't aligned with my needs.

SA: Thanks for offering a perspective from the point of a parent. That's why I decided to forgive her ignorant act even though I think she should do some damaage control by saying "sorry" for the temper outburst. In the end, I decided not to pursue for that simple word. It may be hard for her to mouth. Instead, I treated myself to the Godiva Chocolixir in hope to soothe my hurt feelings.