Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Haphazard writings

Yours truly might have an unconscious inclination to push herself to her deathbed? I am feeling tired but I still wish to blog. Take it that I am seeking to be better understood for now, in need to express myself and understand myself better. Writing gives me the freedom to be more of myself.

***
Could hardly have a good night rest last night. Maybe the forces of nature did not quite align with my energies, as such I could hardly sleep much last night? Forgive me, I am just trying to make sense of the world outside me, and the world within.

***
My wish has been granted, and I am feeling thankful. The orchestra played Brahms' Symphony No. 2 for the rehearsal tonight. We played the 2nd and 3rd movements. I like these two movements. Maybe I have been playing the 1st and 4th movements for quite many times, the 2nd and 3rd movement lended the necessary contrast. I like slow movements though I do admit I find them much difficult to play well than the fast movements. With slow movements, each and every nuance of one's playing matters much more, in my humble opinion.

Pardon me, I was almost only half-awake for tonight's rehearsal, and did not quite seem to hear what the conductor had been saying very well many of the times. I wonder if my mind has been blocked and my ears were affected? Had to rely on my section-mates many of the times for today's rehearsal to come in at the right time.

Despite the fact that I was not performing at my peak for today's rehearsal, I think it was one of the best thing that happened to me today. Today's rehearsal was the first rehearsal for the year 2006.

***
Tomorrow is music theory day. I have decided to continue taking music theory classes. It has so far been enriching. I am still working on harmony exercises. It has been a challenge to ensure that I try to follow the given rules when answering to these exercises. I quite like that challenge of applying new knowledge. It can be fun.

***
Tomorrow will be 5 Jan and it will be the birthday of one of my friends, Jing. Here's wishing her a Happy Birthday.

***
Today is a relatively rainy day. I took a taxi from workplace to the university to have dinner with Emily prior to the rehearsals.

Thanks to taxi services, I was able to reach home in less than 30 minutes after the rehearsals. Had I taken the MRT train or the bus, it would take about an hour or more to reach home.

With a headache that was bugging me about a few hours ago, taking a taxi home seemed to be a wiser option. It might land me home early and allow me to have some time to blog before midnight strikes. Now I wonder if I have been addicted to blogging? Engaging in a monologue with oneself in the world of words can be therapeutic sometimes.

***
There seems to be several changes to respond to lately. I do hope I have the strength and energy to manage the changes.

***
What lies ahead for the next day?

***
For now, the headache is actually gone, and I am not feeling as tired. But I shall rest soon. Good night.

***
How haphazard can this post be?

I am just writing what is going on in my mind.

1 comment:

pinkie said...

it's alright, let it all out!

P/s: was not able to post comment since last night...