Saturday, January 07, 2006

Chocolate perks one up

I believe J., Pinkie and Mistipurple, whom I suspect are chocolate-lovers will agree with me that chocolate can perk one up.

Attributing the depressed mood to the rain, I went out in the evening to look for a pair of non-slip walking shoes for myself.

I walked past one of the Godiva chocolatier shops. I decided to try the Chocolixir beverage. It is nice. I tried the Dark Chocolate Decadence drink. For your information, yours truly prefer dark chocolate to milk chocolate, and milk chocolate to white chocolate. While dark chocolate has a slightly bitter aftertaste, I find them more palatable to my taste. Too sweet a chocolate, and I may find it artificial.

The Chocolixir is nice and goes well with whipped cream. One could taste bits of the dark chocolate blended into the drink. The only thing I feel guilty of is that I am supposed to avoid drinking cold drinks for my throat tends to protest with excessive coughing after drinking cold drinks. Ya, I am coughing now. But I am not sure if it was due to the drink or because I am really going to be sick soon. Anyway, I shall not care, I needed something to perk my spirits up a little. The year has not start well as yet with all the rainy days.

For the shoes, I got myself a pair of Crocs shoes. This time, I got a pair of the professional design.

4 comments:

mistipurple said...

i can't believe the co-incidence. i just posted godiva chocolate in my chatbox an hour ago. lol.
and.. the other co-incidence, i was actually thinking of the croc shoes when you were thinking of getting a new pair of shoes. i liked them and tried them last month. i thought you might like them, but because they are 'plastic-ky' that i wasn't sure about recommending them!

oceanskies79 said...

Yup, I read about the godiva chocolate on your cbox. What coincidence.

I actually have a pair of Crocs shoes already (the Beach design). But I realised that the size is a little large and now it gets quite loose on wearing, so was looking for a more fitting pair this evening. A pity that there is no 9.5 size. but i settled for size 9 in the end.

pinkie said...

I dun think I can afford Godiva as yet... my next treat to myself is Royce chocolates (misti, tat's the name of the shop at Suntec City which I'd forgotten tat day when we met).

Wat colour did u buy for crocs? It's not my type of shoes though.

oceanskies79 said...

i got black Crocs shoes