Friday, January 13, 2006

At last!

At last! The weather has turned better today. It did not rain for most of day. If it did rain, it was merely a drizzle. It is nice to feel the warmth of the sunshine.

If the weather could remain good tomorrow, I shall go for the Original Singapore Walks tour: By the Belly of the Carp - A Singapore River Walk.

I have went on two of The Original Singapore Walks, and I think this is one of those very enriching tours that ought to be highly recommended. Maybe I am hungry to know more about the history of Singapore through these walks? Whatever it is, I have always found this series of tours to be well-backed up by lots of good research. I always felt more enriched after going for The Original Singapore Walks and I think that walk (By the Belly of the Carp - A Singapore River Walk) that I intend to go for will be equally insightful and interesting.

**
At last after close to 12 hours in the office, I am back home. Had stayed in office much longer than I had initially planned to. I guess the quiet environment to get some work done has been a pull factor. Still more back-logs awaiting to be cleared, cheer me on please.

**
It is nice to return home provided that no one turns on the television set, and that there is no more trade fair (locally known as "pasar malam" or night-market) operating near my block. I love an environment which does not bring noise to my ears.

I must have been lucky. I could come home and avoid doing most of the household chores. Pardon me, I think I am hopeless when it comes to domestic matters. Thank goodness that my husband, the double bass, does not have clothes to be washed or food to be cooked for him. The chores that I won't mind doing is simply to wash and dry the dishes, and keep my room neat (to my standards).

Today being a fine day with minimal rain and it happened to be my mother's day off from work, I believe she must have spent effort and time washing the clothes and putting them out to the sun to dry. She deserves a word of appreciation, doesn't she?

On the side note, I think I could have been one of the most difficult children to have if parents were to expect their children to help out with the domestic chores. I would rather spend my time elsewhere. But I won't mind making myself useful by playing the folks at home some music on the double bass or give them a short and basic art appreciation course on Impressionism. These are some things not everyone can do, aren't they? But I suspect if I were to share this suggestion with them, I may get a round of nagging.

**
Meantime, I shall enjoy the peace and quietness that the night has to offer. Cheers to the fact that no-one at home is watching the television today. I find there is a tendency for my family members to turn the volume of the television too loud for my ears.

5 comments:

crazycat said...

psst,there is a CNY trade fair in central now.. but not too near ur place..

phew!

pinkie said...

haha... funny about the husband with no clothes to wash and food to be cooked!

Think there are many trade fairs going on everywhere... Toa Payoh too!

goldilocks said...

Hi, I agree that The Original Singapore Walks are good. wanted to join such walks but never get down to.

oceanskies79 said...

Yes, I know there is a CNY Trade fair nearby, but yes, thank goodness it is far enough from my place to hear it.

Pinkie: Thanks for coming by. I hope you can find a good pair of shoes soon. Try msfeline's suggestion of putting a pair of shoes in office? About My husband, Don't you think He is so charming? *winks*

SA: I am hoping for good weather today.

JY: There's London walks, if I am not wrong? You could try that in UK?

fr said...

Yes, buy your mother a nice LNY present.

Washing clothes (if you use a washing machine) is not as laborious as mopping the floor or ironing clothes.

Lucky you don't have to do these.