Sunday, November 06, 2005

It was Friday

4 Nov 05:

- This is one of my friend's birthday. Happy Birthday to her.

- It was a quiet day at the office. The day before 4 Nov 05 was a public holiday and many have taken leave from work.

One of my colleagues won a prize in a contest. She was very generous and used part of the pize (in the form of vouchers) to get us some confectionery and chocolates. Here's a note of thanks to her, if she were ever to read this.

- After work, I took a taxi to rush to the university. There was a double bass recital held at the Conservatory of Music. I was a little late and had missed the first two items. I could only enter after the second item was over. Good thing I managed to get a seat for the event.Here's thanking Emily for reserving a seat for me.

I like the playing by the piano accompanist. Her playing supports the double bass soloist's playing.

The recital gave me a chance to listen to double bass music live. I wish I could play as good as some of the players. Well, practise and good practise might be one of the keys to good playing?

Last but not the least, here's thanking the players and the organisers for the recital.

- After the recital, Emily and myself headed to the Food Republic at Wisma Atria for dinner. The green tea pudding from the dessert stall tastes nice, but one should eat it together with the red beans that are served with it.

By the way, it was quite interesting to see the ice-cream seller pushing the ice-cream push-cart around the premises so as to make it convenient for customers to buy ice-cream from him.

I quite like the concept of this eating place, and it would have been more ideal if there were more seats and if there were greater spaces between the seats for people to move more freely about.

- That's what I have to say about the Friday.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

ring-a-ling-ling.. the ice-cream man!! brings back fond memories.