Thursday, October 27, 2005

Stormy weather

Lightning is flashing almost once every minute.

Since I am indoors, I find less pain in the stormy weather. The concrete walls will protect me from the wet weather and the impact of the storms.

Listen out. To Nature's orchestrations during the stormy weather. Hear the interplay between the thunder and the rain. And watch how the visual effects of the lightning come in-between. The rhythms made by Nature are so inventive, I am reminded that Nature is perhaps mother to all music on Earth.

I take delight in melancholic tunes when I am having the blues. I take fascination too in stormy weather, and I would more so, when I am feeling blue. But today's mood is not that of blue, but a white blank one. Maybe the stormy weather may just fill up the gaps in the blank white. That sound of a drop of rain hitting the rain, that roaring of the thunder from far away.

Take a moment to listen and to experience.

I can't remember all my Science lessons, but I vaguely remember that the energy discharged during a thunderstorm can help turn Nitrogen in the area to fertilizing compounds that would benefit the growth of plants. Well, may I hence say storms also help give life too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nature is the mother of all music. A simple truth. Nice.