Sunday, October 16, 2005

Drowning myself in the arms of music

I am now listening to:
Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in B flat minor, with Alexei Sultanov on the piano, and the London Symphony Orchestra conducted by Maxim Shostakovich.

***

No clue what could be looked forward to. I could only hope it is just one of those temporary down times. Trying my best to look for something that may lift up the spirits a little, but even a forklift may not do the trick for now.

In a world perhaps never meant for me, fear then that the search may be endlessly in vain? So carve a path unknown to any, shall I, in order to find a breakthrough? Yet, the wait to gather one's strengths may be longer than one thinks.

If what seems bleak is only temporary, I shall drown myself in the arms of the music, just so that the pain won't be as noticeable. For music soothes.

I like the contrasts in Tchaikovsky's music. I like the second and the third movement.

***

I found programme notes on Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1, written by Paul Serotsky. Visit:
http://www.musicweb-international.com/Programme_Notes/tchaik_pc1.htm

***
As I end this post, I am now listening to Chopin's Piano Concerto No. 1 in E minor, Op. 11. Performed by Maurizio Pollini on the piano, with Philharmonia Orchestra conducted by Paul Kletzki

3 comments:

mistipurple said...

py, i would love to hear a piece you compose. there must be beautiful music in you. wanna try writing them down?

oceanskies79 said...

Before I write them down, I should polish up on theory. I fear I am just as self-critical as Brahms. I know he burnt and destroyed works that never reached his level of satisfaction.

mistipurple said...

i do not want the pieces that you might be able to compose, to go to waste. you are feeling a lot of emotions, and i believe there is invaluable tunes that must be lurking around in your head. try just penning the melody or just hum into a tape recorder. don't waste it. don't worry about the theory part, or even the bass. just the melody will do.