Sunday, September 04, 2005

A silent night

Earlier this afternoon, my parents left for China to visit relatives living there. They will be away for a week. And now, I have the luxury of the entire flat to myself because both my brothers went out and I don't think they would come home until it's midnight.

I am trying to appreciate the silence of the night. It is quite quiet here such that I could even hear what my neighbours are watching on their television if they were to turn the volume of the TV too loud. Actually, silence is a such precious commodity in our fast-pace society where noises clutter almost everywhere.

Earlier today, I don't actually feel like writing. I felt quite gloomy after reading the news, especially that related to the Hurrican Katrina. But right now, I realised I ended up writing quite a lot today. Maybe I have been trying to find a way to connect with this world? I admit I often find it hard to do so, this world seems not meant for me many of the times. I am still trying to figure out how I could make the world a better place for myself. Not much clue yet.

It is a silent night, though the mind is not necessary peaceful from the silence. Whatever it is, may the week ahead be fruitful. Take care folks.

4 comments:

mistipurple said...

i wish your folks a good and safe trip. and continue writing when you are up to it, i do enjoy your posts. :)

Goat Almighty said...

i love silence. silence is treasure. peace and serenity kind of silence though, not the deafening kind.

oceanskies79 said...

Thanks folks.
they are going to Hainan island.

Simple American: About writing, I don't have an answer.

Jammie J. said...

I feel that way a lot of the time. Connecting with the quiet is often where I have to start. Writing is an outlet for me, oftentimes, I can write things more articulately than I can say them.