Monday, July 11, 2005

Support Needed

I am trying to clear off some of my load, and I fear I may lose track of the big pictures. Could I ask for some support, please?

Maybe support are fuel to steer me on. Yet I have to be mindful that the "engine" has its limits and no amount of fuel could make the "engine" work beyond its capacity. Things are a little better on the work end, as I am gradually clearing some work.

***
I suppose I shall take this chance to offer my friend, Mystic, my moral support too.

Maybe I should have told her verbally, but I know I would prefer to write. I would hope she could take care of herself better so that she won't feel so drained at the end of the day, and not have much energy left to attend to friends.

What could I say to her to be thoughtful if she were to ask how am I coping with things around me, knowing that she is showing clear signs of being tired? I would rather risk not saying anything much than risk not being attended to. I suppose I have to take the responsbility of being overly conservative in my assessment of risk.

Whatever it is, cheering Mystic along in her endeavours, and in her attempts to work on her case recordings and workloads. Maybe I should remind her that some work are just ongoing and will keep coming in, even till her last day of work.

***
The reminder above-mentioned shall serve as a reminder to myself too.

I ask myself why I work so hard, and I think it is because I like to believe that I do find some sense of satisfaction in getting a job well done.

Now the concerns are: Am I at risk of over-stretching myself? How could I slow down, while being effective?

5 comments:

小芬 said...

Yes you are indeed at risk. Looking at your recent long stretch of cough and sore throat it implies your resistance is low which is contributed by your insufficient level of rest.

Readers would see your your hectic work and practice schedule.

Overstretched would lead to fatigue and low morale.

Always believe that, "Resting is for the longer journal ahead."

I believe you have a very long route ahead of you, pace yourself and do whatever you can with what you have. Let go if you need to. You did your best.

Lora said...

It's so easy to over doing things and exhaust yourself. I can't say my advice counts for much because I really have never been good at going this myself. Just trying to take the occasional deep breathe and only do things 95% right instead of 99%, since we know that perfection is a dream.

mistipurple said...

i hate to say, this is singapore, and if you don't work this hard, you will get nowhere.
but, i would like to add, you are a responsible worker. any company would be lucky to have you.
now, please do not overwork. there are human limitations. please be less than perfect! i echo lora on that! 95% instead of 99%, yay, that's good enough, or better still, let's aim for 90%!! *wink*

pinkie said...

dun push yourself too hard, set realistic deadline to complete each task...

pinkie said...

and work is never ending...