Friday, July 22, 2005

News from London

I read the newspapers this morning and was informed that there was a latest round of bombs, occuring on 21 July 05 lunchtime, over in London. The incident has caused chaos but killed no one.

I was browsing through the online sources for more information, and I found one article from Independent Online Edition: http://comment.independent.co.uk/commentators/article300702.ece

Here's an excerpt from the article titled The urge for copycat attacks is hardwired into us:

There is evidence that terrorism is a copycat phenomenon. In the weeks following a terrorist attack there is a greater likelihood that there will be further terrorist incidents in that area.


***
Here's another article that gives updates about what has been happening in London: London alerts: At-a-glance

***
For now, I just hope that I would be safe and sound when I am there in London. Wish me safety.

Anyway, I will still travel to London anyway. It is hard to give the British Museum a miss given the fact that I will be in the United Kingdoms in about less than two weeks time. The travel management company has confirmed my bookings for a hotel room at Russell Hotel. I hope I would find the hotel room to be satisfactory.

Meantime, I hope Emrah, one of my blog friends, is safe.

6 comments:

Emrah said...

Hey, thanks. I am OK here. Glad you could manage to find a suitable hotel. The location is very practical - quite close to British Museum.

However, Piccadilly Line is partly serving, and the Russell Square tube station is closed due to explosion. But, you should not feel too anxious. There are thousands of people who HAVE TO use the transportation system everyday. It is almost impossible to apply the safety procedures as they do for flights. Besides, nobody can expect what happens when.

Anyway, I wish you a safe journey. Enjoy London. Whatever happens here, it is still beautiful! :-]

mistipurple said...

i wish you all the luck in your coming trip. you're such a nice person, i am sure things will turn out well for ya! :)

mistipurple said...

and yes it is good to hear that Emrah is ok too, definitely good news! :)

crazycat said...

juz be careful when u are there... :)

pinkie said...

yup, be careful and keep us posted if you can...

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who lives in London. She says most people are terrified take the tube or the bus nowadays.