Tuesday, July 12, 2005

May music soothe

I have a love for the melancholic tunes.

I had wanted to spend time practising on my dear "husband", the double bass. In fact, I don't intend to practise as much as I intend to make noises with it. I needed a source for expression and, ventilation. But I decided not to, it's quite late at night, and I am feeling too tired to set up my instrument for playing.

Pardon me, I am getting less clear-headed from the act of attempting to get things done at the work place. I am trying to find a balance between quantity and quality. I have to remind myself, I am a human-being, not a "human-doing".

Playing right now on my CD player is Carpenters' Yesterday Once More. I am playing the compiliation album containing a series of the Carpenters' hits. Music shall soothe, I hope.

I ask for a clearer mind to face the days ahead.

I ask, how can what I am doing today bring me closer to my intended future? I don't have a definite answer. I just hope moving on with the flow would not be an act of blind faith.

1 comment:

mistipurple said...

moving on with the flow sounds wonderful. it has its own rhythm, adagio? leisurely..where the tide brings you? sounds soothing and comforting.