Saturday, July 02, 2005

"May cause drowsiness"

It is a Saturday that I am not scheduled for work. I had considered going to office to clear a series of backlog, but I decided I needed to see the doctor at one of the polyclinics for the cough. So I visited the polyclinic, and did not go to office. For today, health should take priority.

I just taken my medicine, and I am feeling a little drowsy. I think I might take a short nap soon.

I was at the polyclinic at 8.53 a.m., I think. Then after waiting for the patient service assistant to attend to me and register me, it was already 9.17 a.m. It took me quite a wait to see the doctor too. I think I saw the doctor just after 10 a.m.

The good thing was that I brought a travel guide on Scotland to browse and read while waiting at the polyclinic. Waiting was more bearable when I had something to occupy myself.

The doctor saw me, heard me describing my symptoms. She asked me to get a Chest X-ray. Then when it was done, she studied it, and then told me I have an infection. It is likely that the infection could have contributed to the pain at my rib area.

She prescribed me a series of medication. Firstly, antibotics to combat the infection. Next, Vitamin C pills to strengthen my immune system. She also gave me painkillers for the ribs pain. I was also given antiseptic gargle. Not forgetting, I was also prescribed with Chlorpheniramine and cough syrup. Quite a lot of medication to be taken.

She also asked me to visit the polyclinic to review my condition in a week's time. She said this would be necessary as I have an infection.

Getting the prescribed medication was an exercise requiring one's patience. I think I waited for lose to 45 minutes for the medications. There were simply too many people at the polyclinic's pharmacy collecting their medication.

I tried to occupy myself by browsing through the display shelves located nearby the pharmacy. When I had almost browsed through every of those display shelves, I managed to find a seat at the waiting area and read the travel guide that I had brought along.

I think I would need to bear in mind not to push myself too hard for the next few days to come. The medications seem to be getting me drowsy, and I fear that if I were to work faster than I could bear with, I might be prone to make errors in my judgement.

For now, I shall take a short rest.

Have a goodweek meantime.

5 comments:

mistipurple said...

ya, it's always a challenge waiting at the polyclinics, but thank goodness they know their stuff. its good to have an accurate diagnosis at last. yes, that sounds like an awful lot of medicines, but it always is when there is an infection.
i wish you good health and hope you are well on the road to an enjoyable holiday!

crazycat said...

i have polyclinic-phobia... they are built to waste people's time

Lora said...

I'm so glad you finally saw a doctor. I do hope that this treatment cures the problems you've been having.

Emy said...

hey! take care for the cough.

dun worry about the ribs though, i think the painkilles should do the job. ribs dont break so easily.

but still, take care!

mistipurple said...

haha i like the way emily puts it, ribs dont break so easily. ya, she has a point though! :)
i hope you will quickly get better with this course of medicines. and yes, do follow up the next week to see your progress!